Saturday, December 27, 2008
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
i stole this idea from another food blog....
- sushi from osaka. if you like sushi, this place is sushtastic! they have the best buffet ever! they also usually have papaya which is one of the best fruits ever.
- steak from abuelo's (papas anyone?)
- hummus from deliman's grill
- taramasalata from various hoity toity stores (i love you whole foods!)
- bubble tea and dumplings from pho bistro (sadly the one near me shut down)
- blue buffalo for the beasts (grain-free)
- steak something and garlic bread from salerno's
- diet limeade from sonic (gotta work the happy hour!)
- corn casserole and sweet potatoes from thanksgiving
- pretzels (toot toot!)
- judy's snicker cookies in pittsburgh
- la duni (everything!)
- eat zi’s
- prawns from empress of china
- Lobster chops (with scallops!) from … red lobster (hangs head)
- Jelly coconuts (every year)
- nick’s pizza
- beef and lemongrass noodles in houston at "Pho Something"
- wild wing café in houston
- marble slabbery
- vegas buffets (I wish they had some here… 19 bucks for all that and soda and dessert? Sign me up!) prime rib, sea bass, alaskan king crab legs, lychee fruit, dessert … mmmmm
- fajitas, guacamole and flan at my vovo’s party (not all at the same time)
- buffalo burgers from central market
- jager schnitzel and fries with gravy and cheese (!) from max's allegheny tavern in pittsburgh
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
besides the delicious foods, we got to see a christmas carol and hang out with dafne (gotta find the silver lining). it was really fun and ended waaaay too quickly. jane sent us home with a turkey that i cooked the day after we got home because it was already defrosting on the way home. i made stuffing and gravy, above you can see an entire turkey two containers of gravy and two containers of stuffing. we've been eating leftovers all week and they are wonderful. i looooove turkey and gravy and stuffing!!! yay!
we came home saturday to my vovo's housewarming party slash katie's graduation party. my mother took care of all the dogs while we were away (thanks!) and had a very full house with my brother and his wife, tiffany, staying through the holiday (tiffany had to leave friday so we missed her). at the party we had fajitas from christina's, a lot of neighbors, and a lot of family (my dad was the bartender). we also got to play catch phrase with my brother, sister and her two friends. my team, jimmy, me and jon, won(of course!). matt's team with katie and tiffany brothers lost!!! neener neener! all in all the whole holiday was fun, fabulous and fast. we packed in as much as we could, thank goodness we were done with our colds!